Ninety percent of those who answered a poll during the All About Mutual Funds webinar on April 18 own stock mutual funds, as opposed to bond, money market, target-date and exchange-traded funds. Only 11 percent of the respondents don’t own any mutual funds. A total of 438 people attended the class.
How do you currently invest in mutual funds?
- A: Through my employer-sponsored 401(k), 403(b), or similar plans: 13%
- B: Through a broker, adviser, or directly with a fund family: 37%
- C: Both A & B: 40%
- D: I don’t own shares of any mutual funds: 11%
What type of mutual funds do you currently own in your portfolio?
- Stock (equity) funds: 90%
- Bond funds: 58%
- ETFs: 27%
- Money-market funds: 60%
- Asset Allocation/target-date funds: 27%