I’m concluding my role as chapter president on Sept. 30. We’re moving to Waukee, Iowa, in October.
Here’s my take on what I’ve learned as chapter president in the hope that it will inspire someone to step up and take on this role.
- We have approximately 200 investment clubs in our chapter.
- We are a strong, viable chapter and our volunteers continue to keep us moving forward.
- We have many capable, hardworking chapter volunteers who are willing to share their knowledge of the stock market with anyone who is interested in listening
- We have lots of people who are eager to learn more about the stock market
- I’ve learned much about the stock market by traveling on the road with Gayle Olson to many events and investment club visits. We’re lucky to have Gayle as one of our directors and teachers in our own chapter. He’s a resource who is worth his weight in gold. Gayle has written a manuscript that I have yet to convince him to get it published into a book. I hope someday he does this.
- I’ve also learned much through our multiple webinars with many talented instructors throughout the country who have offered their talents to the chapter and will continue to do so, if only we will ask.
- I’ve learned a lot and been provided multiple friendships through the BetterInvesting National Convention. I encourage everyone to attend this yearly convention (Sept. 19-22), as it offers one an opportunity to rub elbows with the best and most knowledgeable teachers in the country.
I plan to continue learning and teaching more about BetterInvesting in the Heartland Chapter (Iowa, Nebraska). All my best,
BetterInvesting is a national nonprofit organization that has been empowering individual investors since 1951. Founded in Detroit, the association (formerly known as National Association of Investors Corporation) was born out of the conviction that anyone can become a successful long-term investor by following commonsense investing practices. BetterInvesting has helped more than 5 million people become better, more informed investors by providing webinars, in-person events, easy-to-use online tools for analyzing stocks and mutual funds, a monthly magazine and a community of volunteers and like-minded investors. For more information about BetterInvesting, visit its website at http://www.betterinvesting.org/investing/landing/openhouse/blog/index.html or call toll free (877) 275-6242.