Message from the CEO of BetterInvesting and ICLUBcentral:
We have Open House as a way for people to try BetterInvesting membership. But it’s hard to experience the learning, fun and camaraderie of an investment club meeting unless you’re actually at an investment club meeting. It doesn’t matter whether the club meeting is in a physical room or online — your guests will get the idea! The point is to give family members, friends or colleagues the opportunity to check out BetterInvesting themselves. Now, to help extend the invitation to Invite a Friend night for your investment club, I offer the following Top 10 Reasons for Attending a BetterInvesting Club Meeting:
10. You want to prove Peter Lynch’s maxim that you have the requisite brain power to analyze stocks by successfully completing the fifth grade.
9. Congress isn’t ready to fully fund your retirement with Social Security and Medicare benefits.
8. The nest egg that’s funding extended annual snowbird flights needs some reconstruction.
7. You aspire to be like Warren Buffett and, as the book title says, invest like a girl (HarperBusiness, 2011).
6. Investing in quality growth stocks at fair prices is the best way to Own Your Share of America.
5. Now that football season is over, you suspect that Up, Straight and Parallel implies something other than a field goal.
4. It’s time to see whether money really does grow on trees (ticker: DLTR).
3. You’ve determined that there might be better ways to learn about investing than participating in a correspondence course with the inmates of the Butner Federal Correctional Institution.
2. It’s time to prove that you have the patience and determination to follow common sense investing principles.
1. Anyone can become a successful long-term investor and you owe it to yourself to learn how.
Portable document from the February 2012 issue of BetterInvesting Magazine available here: Top 10 Reasons to Attend a Betterinvesting Club Meeting
BetterInvesting is the brand identity of the National Association of Investors Corporation, a national, nonprofit association with members consisting of individual investors and investment clubs. Founded in 1951 and with headquarters in Madison Heights, Mich., BetterInvesting is considered the voice of the individual investor, as well as the pioneer of the modern investment club movement. BetterInvesting is dedicated to providing a sound program of investment education and information to help its members become successful long-term, lifetime investors. For more information about BetterInvesting, visit its website at www.betterinvesting.org or call toll free (877) 275-6242. For additional BetterInvesting data and news releases, visit the Media Center at www.betterinvesting.org/mediacenter.