Realty Income Corporation, of San Diego will present at Thursday’s kickoff luncheon at the BetterInvesting National Convention in San Jose, Calif.
The convention runs through Sunday, with a free day on Saturday.
Realty Income (NYSE ticker: O), founded in 1969, is an S&P 500 company that offers shareholders a monthly income. Its revenue comes from more than 4,300 commercial properties in 49 states and Puerto Rico owned by the company and under long-term leases, primarily with large commercial enterprises that operate multiple locations.
The company noted in an April 29 news release concerning its operating results for the first quarter ended March 31 that it:
- Was added to the S&P 500 index in April
- Invested $209.9 million in 83 new properties and properties under development or expansion
- Increased the monthly dividend in March for the 80th time and for the 70th consecutive quarter
- Its dividends paid per common share increased 2.6 percent
- It was also added to the S&P High Yield Dividend Aristocrats index
- Net income available to common stockholders for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 was $60.5 million, as compared to $47.2 million for the same quarter in 2014
- Net income per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2015 was $0.27, as compared to $0.23 for the same quarter in 2014
Realty Income’s top 20 tenants include Walgreens, FedEx, Dollar General, CVS Pharmacy and AMC Theatres.
The company was set to pay on May 15 its 538th consecutive common stock monthly annual dividend of $0.1895 per share, an annualized amount of $2.274 per share.
BetterInvesting is a national nonprofit organization that has been empowering individual investors since 1951. Founded in Detroit, the association (formerly known as National Association of Investors Corporation) was borne out of the conviction that anyone can become a successful long-term investor by following commonsense investing practices. BetterInvesting has helped more than 5 million people become better, more informed investors by providing webinars, in-person events, easy-to-use online tools for analyzing stocks, a monthly magazine and a community of volunteers and like-minded investors. For more information about BetterInvesting, visit its website at www.betterinvesting.org or call toll free (877) 275-6242.