Meritage Hospitality Group Inc. (OTCQX: MHGU), which currently operates 151 quick service and casual dining restaurants in six states, will open the VirtualInvestorConferences.com online roadshow on May 7 at 9:15 a.m. Register here for the free event, which features four corporations and ICLUBcentral.
The conference is a cooperative venture by BetterInvesting and PR Newswire along with its division Vintage.
Meritage released its first-quarter results on March 29 and noted that its new “image activation” standard design for its Wendy’s restaurants has been so successful the company plans to open 14 new Wendy’s this year.
Highlights of Meritage’s first quarter report include:
- Sales increased 32.1 percent to a record $46.5 million from $35.2 million for the same period last year.
- Earnings from operations increased 132.6 percent to $1.8 million compared to $766,000 for the same period last year.
- Net income increased 446.3 percent to $1.1 million compared to $197,000 for the same period last year.
- Consolidated EBITDA (a non-GAAP measure) increased 123 percent to $3.2 million compared to $1.4 million for the same period last year.
- The company paid its 50th consecutive quarterly dividend on its Series B Cumulative Convertible Preferred shares of $0.20 per share, on April 1, 2015 to shareholders of record as of March 16, 2015.
Also during the May 7 conference, Doug Gerlach, president of ICLUBcentral, will give a 10:45 a.m. presentation on “Offensive Portfolio Management: Determining When to Sell Overvalued Stocks.”
VirtualInvestorConferences.com includes live presentations, as well as an exhibit hall with interactive chat with senior executives and downloadable investor kits and annual reports. Presentations are also available 24/7 for on-demand viewing.
BetterInvesting is a national nonprofit organization that has been empowering individual investors since 1951. Founded in Detroit, the association (formerly known as National Association of Investors Corporation) was borne out of the conviction that anyone can become a successful long-term investor by following commonsense investing practices. BetterInvesting has helped more than 5 million people become better, more informed investors by providing webinars, in-person events, easy-to-use online tools for analyzing stocks, a monthly magazine and a community of volunteers and like-minded investors. For more information about BetterInvesting, visit its website at www.betterinvesting.org or call toll free (877) 275-6242.
ICLUBcentral, a for-profit subsidiary of BetterInvesting, develops quality tools for investors and investment clubs, including the myICLUB.com club accounting portal, StockCentral.com investing portal, MyStockProspector stock screening tool, EquityResearchService.com for advanced fundamental analysis, SmallCap Informer newsletter and market-beating Investor Advisory Service newsletter. For more information, visit www.iclub.com.