Yes, it’s fun to spend Saturday sprawled on the sofa watching SpongeBob Square Pants, but it’s even more fun to get stuff for free that might you rich enough to buy your own cartoon network. (Well, we may exaggerate there.)
What’s no stretch of the imagination is that for 62 years now, the BetterInvesting National Convention, held this year from Sept. 19 to 22 at the riverfront Sheraton Station Square Hotel, has been offering investors the information they need to grow their portfolios.
Best of all, the free day on Saturday, Sept. 21, is open to the public, beginning at 7:25 a.m. and running until 5:50 p.m. Here’s what may help your grow your wealth, maybe enough to buy that second home in Bikini Bottom:
- Morning Feature Presentation: “Natural Gas: An Energy Game Changer”: Ron Muhlenkamp, founder and president of Muhlenkamp & Company, Inc., will explain what’s taking place with natural gas from the viewpoint of a landowner, consumer, environmentalist, and investment manager.
- Corporate presentations and an opportunity to talk with corporate representatives at their booths.
After lunch on your own, the learning continues with:
- Empowering Individual Investors: Discussing the rationale for long-term investing in growth equities
- Smart Investors are Better Investors: Explore online resources to inform your investing research
- Maximizing the Value of the Corporate Investor Relations Function
- Stock Ideas: The Investor Advisory Service
- Principles of Better Investing in the Stock Market
- Raise Your Financial IQ
- Afternoon Feature Presentation: “The Evolving Role of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission” Elisse Walter, newly retired commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), will discuss the mission of the SEC, smarter regulation for stronger capital markets, and the importance of retail investors to a healthy and well-functioning economy.
Here’s the full BINC schedule, as well as a map of the exhibit hall. Feel free to bring some friends, even your Fairly OddParents.
BetterInvesting is a national nonprofit organization that has been empowering individual investors since 1951. Founded in Detroit, the association (formerly known as National Association of Investors Corporation) was born out of the conviction that anyone can become a successful long-term investor by following commonsense investing practices. BetterInvesting has helped more than 5 million people become better, more informed investors by providing webinars, in-person events, easy-to-use online tools for analyzing stocks and mutual funds, a monthly magazine and a community of volunteers and like-minded investors. For more information about BetterInvesting, visit its website at http://www.betterinvesting.org/investing/landing/openhouse/blog/index.html or call toll free (877) 275-6242.